Sunday, September 11, 2022

Slow Week with Great Weekend

This last week, I developed a pretty bad cough following on from a cold.  Did did test for COVID.  This is something that happens more often that it doesn’t with me after a cold.  But with some deadlines at work, I could not afford time off work, so I worked from home.  If I did have time off, I could have done some more modelling work.  That was a damn shame.

On Friday Afternoon I installed a few more fascia signs on the layout.

Saturday was Club Meeting day so I went to the Club meeting, which happened to be the AGM.  I took some modelling work and did a small bit of scenery work on a corner on my 12” x 12” diorama module.  On my way home from the Club, I received a couple of TXT’s and a phone call from Darren.  He was considering a BBQ at his place that night and a train run or two with a small groups of mates.  So when I got home, I sweet talked the boss, got approval, packed my esky, grabbed some warm clothes and hit the road.  It was a simple but very nice evening.  Rohan Fergusson was up in Brisbane and he brought along a couple of small trains of fantastically weathered wagons for a run of Darren’s layout.  I just watched these run back and forward a few times from branchline terminus to junction station a few times.

Today I did a further small amount of work on my diorama module.  I had planned on doing more.  The level crossing is now almost complete.  I also stained the various fences with Tamiya Panel Liner Colors.  I have identified a few more items to build and install on the module.

Next weekend I plan on getting stuck in and completing the level crossing and doing all the ballasting off the track.  Then the detail work will begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment