Sunday, April 28, 2024

Extra Long Weekend

This week I took advantage of the ANZAC Day public holiday and made it into a 4 day extra long weekend.  I spent time sitting at the computer doing some more Powerpoint presentation tuning.  I also purchased lot of tins of spray paint on Friday and Saturday.  This paint was from SuperCheap Auto, Dulux, Aurora Trains, and Bunnings.  All up 14 cans of paint in various colours.  These are all for various presentations that I have coming up over the next month. 

I also tried to purchase an Arduino single relay from various local Jaycar stores, but no one had one in stock.  Fortunately, Greg (from the Club and work) had one at his (almost local) store and was able to pick a relay up for me.  I will exchange it for dollars tomorrow at work.  The relay is so I can test an enhancement to my Arduino level crossing detector circuit, so that we can also install working boom gates controlled by the relay.  I think it should work, but I really need to test it before I can tell people it works.

I was also able to move my old spare PC back to the shed and with the recently installed wifi I was able to get online from the shed on Saturday arvo and talk on Discord with some NMRA mates online.  I initially had trouble with my microphone on this PC and was the brunt of Marty's jokes because of this.  What are mates for?  Isn't it so you can go one better.  Watch out Marty!

I watched NMRA-X this morning and enjoyed the presentations.  Today I was able to construct and paint the door for my Kyogle signal box.  This model has to have some internal detail added over the next few weeks and I also hope to add lights.  

I have also started down on the path to paint up a number of ‘O’ scale tarpaulins for a NMRA friend who models VR.  Some other mates who also model that railway outline may also be a winner when it comes to VR coloured tarpaulins.  The tarps are all shades of green.  We will see how they are judged at a later date.

Next weekend I will be at the Sydney Model Railway Exhibition put on the Epping Club.  I have not been to this exhibition previously, so I am really looking forward to it.  I will be travelling back rather late in the evening, so my blog update may be late.  That starts my next period of Long Service Leave.  During this period of leave, I have to work on my Presentation for this year's Armidale Convention.  That will take at least 2 weeks to throw together and find supporting photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment