Sunday, November 19, 2023

Trawmay Trip

This week was another week of inaction by me.  While I spent Saturday at the local NMRA meeting no other model railway activity was undertaken, except doing a bit of reading.  I purchased the current issue of Railway Digest on Monday.  My issue of AMRM also rocked up later in the week and that magazine takes over in the order of precedence of reading.  Both issues are halfway through being read. 

Yesterday the local NMRA group had arranged for a visit to two local north side layouts.  Darren picked me up and drove me around.  Both layouts were very different and were a credit to their builders.  We spent an hour at each layout watching the trains run and asking questions.  There might have been a bit of stirring of me also occurring.  Once we had visited both layouts, we all met up at the Brisbane Tramway Museum for a BBQ lunch.  It just so happens that trams are not currently running due to a transformer issue.  But we were able to have a private tour of the site.  It was quite interesting and very informative.

Next weekend is the RMCQ Model Railway Exhibition at the South Pine Sports Complex, Cribb Road, Brendale 9-4 both days.  On The Saturday morning I will be working with Geoff on the NMRA stand doing construction.  I will also be working with Marty on the Sunday afternoon.  Pop by and say G’day.

Hopefully next week I can get back into the groove and do some work on my model competition entry for three weeks time.

No comments:

Post a Comment