Sunday, November 12, 2023

More Planning than Doing

Saturday this week was Club meeting day.  I had three jobs to do.  The first was to visit the local hobby shop on my way to the Club and pick up some steel or brass structured shape or wire for use in my diorama.  I ended up getting the wire, as the shapes were way too big.  The second job was to drop off a number of magazines to the Club and these were to be inserted into a number of goodie bags to be given out to people at the door at our Club Exhibition in a few weeks time.  So I packed the car the night before and when I got to the Club I just brought them inside and stored them on one of the tables.

The third job was to drop off a bag full of goodies into the Club wheel barrow.  These goodies get built up into about a half dozen hampers for raffle prizes at our Club Christmas Party in December.  That also happens to be our Club Modelling competition.  However, I left that shopping bag in the kitchen at home.  Bugger!  The wheel barrow is looking a bit slack and it does need a helping hand.  Now, I will need to drop my stuff off in a couple of weeks, when I am next over that side of town.  That is the date of our Club Exhibition.  I will drop by to the Clubrooms on the way to the Show.

Today I hit the road and went to visit the Miniature Train Club Gold Coast, and their new clubrooms down at Pimpama.  It is quite easy to get to, just a few hundred metres off the M1.  I got there about 11:00am, parked outside and I worked out what building they were in.  The crowd was really good.  I understand that they also signed up a few new members on the day.  Three layouts were operating, and another was a static display, as they had not yet got it running after a long time in storage.  They also had two TVs rolling through various photos showing their progress in lining the Clubrooms.  That was a great effort by the Club in finally achieving their own premises.

When I got home I started working on a few more items to add to my diorama for the Club Christmas Modelling Comp.  I will continue to glue some items together tonight or tomorrow night.  Then I can move onto the next lot of items, next weekend.

On Friday I was waiting to get my delivery of the latest AMRM magazine.  They did not appear in the mailbox.  I then went for a 2.5km walk to a local newsagent, and they did not have the November Railway Digest.  The kind staff members advised that it is due in on Monday.  Luckily when I went to the Club on Saturday PK gave me his hardcopy NMRA magazine for November.  Without that magazine I'd have nothing to read this weekend.  I expect that I might have it finished being read on Tuesday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment