Sunday, July 24, 2022

What are Mates For?

This week started with a trip to Sydney last Sunday.  My hotel room was fabulous.  The view north was not bad either.  I spent two days down there attending a workshop before flying back to Brisbane.  The view from the IBM building out over the Harbour was even better than my room view.  On the Monday morning I got a text from the missus.  The daughter who was away all the last weekend had caught Covid.  Bit of a bummer there.  Anyway she has been quarantining in her room and the lounge room and the boss waiting on her hand and foot.  That way she doesn’t touch the fridge, the cupboards and the cutlery etc., hoping to minimise any further transfer within the household.  That has been quite successful as no one has gotten Covid so far.

Friday afternoon after work I visited George at Aurora trains and picked up another Noch Naughty Scene.  On Saturday, PK came to my place and I then drove him to Darren’s for the NMRA meeting.  Darren’s layout just is marvelous.  I ran a few trains.  They run well and people just get absorbed into the scene.  I may or may not have located a few signs around his layout advising that if the roadways were blocked by wagons, to call Darren on his mobile phone number.  That caused a bit of a laugh.  This occurred because during the week Darren posted some footage of him doing some shunts on the layout and he had wagons left across roadways.  So I could not resist.  The NMRA meeting was about three presentations.  Some were excellent.  Then after the meeting where we caught up so some mates that we have not seen for quite some time, some 'ex train driver' might have parked a few wagons across some of the local access roads.  Just to give Darren a bit of a laugh.  We await his response and I'm certain I will get the blame.

On the way home from Darren’s, PK and I detoured over to Modeller’s Warehouse at Slacks Creek where we picked up a few packets of trees and other items, hopefully making it worth Tyson’s while to stay open.  The countdown clock is now ticking for the next NMRA meeting at my place.  I must do a bit of a tidy up and try and complete a couple of projects before the meeting date.  Only three weekends left.

On Sunday morning (today) we had the NMRA-X livestream event beamed into our houses.  So I watched the second 4 hour segment.  I was surprised by how interested I was with those four sessions.  I spent about 45 minutes in the breakout room talking to the young presenter of session number 7.  After the last session by Gerry, we all jumped into the breakout rooms and had a chinwag with Marty, Brad and a few others.  Attention then turned to the Armidale Convention.  This will be on the same date as the next NMRA-X stream on the Sunday 23rd of October.  That happens to be the date of my presentation at the Armidale Convention. 

Tuesday Nighter's this week is at Johnno's place as a special event.  We will get to check out his HOn 3 1/2 QR home layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment