Sunday, July 10, 2022

Pine Rivers Model Train and Hobby Expo

The weekend just gone was spent at the South Pine Sports Complex which was the location of this year's Pine Rivers Model Train and Hobby Expo.  This was organised by the Railway Modeller's Club of Queensland Inc.  The attendance was great.  The venue was fantastic.  The layouts on show were interesting.  I caught up with lots of mates and had quite a few laughs over the weekend.  I might have walked away with quite a few bargains from some of the shops/traders.  I know some people learnt some modelling tips off of me.  I certainly learnt some tips off others doing modelling clinics over the weekend.  I didn’t accomplish much.  I just chatted to people all weekend.

Today I was given a tour of the Sports complex by my mate Gerry, and what a great little gem he has there.  It is certainly a great place if you want to hold a convention.  I can feel an upcoming NMRA convention being held there over the next year or so. 

I'd be pretty sure our Club will be booking this place again next year for another model railway exhibition.

Tuesday this week is Tuesday Nighters at Kevin's place and in a couple of weeks we are going to Darren’s place for our next NMRA meeting.  I need to complete my Armidale Convention Notes.  I just need to type some changes into my document.

1 comment:

  1. Great to catch up with you again as always Craig. The venue and show this year were both fantastic!

    ReplyDelete