Sunday, June 12, 2022

My Diary is Now Opening Up

Again we had a very quiet week in modelling terms.  I did spend about 15 minutes with a guy at work who is a part-time photographer to get a better understanding of how to take some model photos with a greater depth of field with my camera.  So on Saturday morning I spent about an hour in the shed trying to capture a couple of scenes using this technique on my camera.  These scenes captured were ones that I wanted to highlight various components within them for my Armidale Convention presentation.

So this arvo I finally got around to reviewing the photos.  They were much better than my normal ones with considerably more detail in focus.  So some of these have been added to my presentation.  I was also scanning my pictures folder on my PC, for the various photos of my mate’s layouts and choosing some additional photos.  I might have also snuck a few photos off a few mate’s blogs. Shhhhh!  I’ll break it to them later.  But they won’t mind.

This Tuesday we travel to a new Tuesday Nighter’s residence and get to check out his layout in detail.  Some of our group have not visited there previously.  I have made one previous visit for an NMRA meeting late last year.  The layout is very nice and NSW to boot.

So school sport is now over – almost completely as this is my son's last year of school – I’m sure my son will want to try and watch some basketball fixtures in term 4.  I have spent most of this term taking my son to watch the Football and Rugby teams play – his mates and the First XI and First XV.  On Saturday afternoon, both teams won their respective premierships.  There must have been close to 2500 people there watching the final game between two undefeated teams to decide the Rugby Premiership.  The cheering from both schools was great.  The opposition school had some funny chants that cracked me up.  One was ‘You wear purple shirts’  I wet myself and thought it was very funny.  The school shirts are actually Jacaranda Blue.  Anyway we won, so winners are grinners.

So now my diary might be opening up, and I might be able to get more motivated on weekends now.

No comments:

Post a Comment