Sunday, April 10, 2022

The 7 P's is About to be Used - Prior Particular Planning Prevents P... Poor Performance

Tuesday this week we visited Kevin’s place for our fortnightly get together.  But as a surprise we had Rohan Fergusson up in Brisbane from Whoop Whoop (Glen Innes) and he came to my place and was a guest visitor at Tuesday Nighter’s.  It was nice to catch up with him. 

Saturday this week, we ventured down to the Action Model Railway Club for the NMRA meeting, and we had quite a few guys turn up.  There had to be very close to 40 in attendance.  It was a very informative meeting with a couple of presentations by members and some show and tells.  It just happened to clash with the RMCQ meeting this month, given that Easter brought the NMRA meeting forward one week.

Today I caught up with Warren from Gwydir Valley Models and we were talking about the upcoming New England Convention in October this year.  This will be a great event, and I think there will be in the order of close to 20 people from the local NMRA Div 1 heading down to that event, that I know of.  There will also be guys from Toowoomba attending.  It is great entertainment getting on their table at the Saturday Night dinner.

So today while watching the Formula 1 on TV (as well as the various lead up races), I knocked out 54 HO pallets.  That is the second thing ticked off my to do list in Preparation for the May Exhibition in Brisbane in three week’s time.  I will cut these up during the week and paint these up next weekend and hopefully complete a few more scale rolled up tarps.  The next two tasks on the list.

Then attention will turn to a presentation that the NMRA meeting organiser has asked me to do at the next NMRA meeting in mid-May and then I will start preparing a presentation for the October New England Convention.  I think I will re-write a previous presentation I did about 6 years with a different focus, and updated pictures, perspective and more detail due to a slightly larger timeslot.

I will also have a small stand at the New England Convention with some styrene items and some 3D printed items from a mate for display and maybe for sale.  I will take some dioramas on display as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment