Sunday, March 27, 2022

Planning For Loads of Loads

Well activities have been a bit slow this week.  But we did start off with Tuesday Nighter’s at my place this week. Nine (9) guys came over for a walk around the shed and a chat and supper in the pergola. There was lots of interesting conversations going on. 

I did venture to a hobby shop to buy some styrene yesterday morning so I can make up some more steel load for the May show.  On Saturday I cut up most of that styrene for the loads.  There were lots of ‘I’, ‘H’ and ‘T’ beams, square sections and thick slab sections.  I already have quite a number of thin slabs of steel plat section already painted and weathered.  For the various tube and rod shapes I also cut up lots of lengths.  These are arranged into stackable bundles.  All are now ready to send to the paint shop.  That is a job for an upcoming weekend.  I have four left to choose from.

I also had a plan to also make some bundles of reo bar out of some steel wire ties that I had already cut to length.  I made 8 of these today and tied them with 28 gauge wire and then hit them with super glue to bind them all together.

I was also investigating where I can get some detail parts like decals, brake hose pipes, various sized brake wheels and other types of wheels, as well as other items that I can put on a couple of models as I work towards 4 super detailed models for my Master Builder of Cars – AP.

I thought I was going to be son less for the first part of this week, but his school camp has today been postponed until later in the year.  The school was down quite a few teachers and could not have them both at school and on camps.  What probably made matters a bit worse, was that the years 12s were also split between 5 different locations across SEQ, as there is about 280 of them altogether.  So now he has to sleep in his own bed and go to school Monday to Wednesday this week, instead of having a bit of a bludge before school holidays start later in the week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment