Sunday, January 2, 2022

Slow End to the Year

This week has been a strange one.  I have gone from full throttle to idle.  We had a cut down Operations Session on Monday, and then I had some issues to fix following that session.  These were documented in the last 2 blog updates.  These list of changes were completed quite quickly.  The last few days I seemed lost.  Without a purpose.  Not knowing where to go or what to do next.  So today I decided to create my list of the next lot of future tasks to do.  Optimistically I thought I would get through quite a few of the items on that list today.  Well I was way out. 

Back in early December I purchased some infrared controlled candle lights.  So today I started to pull a few of these candles apart, as I was going to splice one of these into my flickering ‘fire in an industrial bin’ at Park Road Siding.  Did you think I could get it to work?  I think I must have fried the first circuit, as it no longer turns on or off via the remote.  The fires just blazes away.  So I built a second IR control circuit and certainly that one was working.  So I spliced that in to the ‘fire in the industrial bin’ circuit and it now works.  Whoo Hoo!  My next task is to build a flashing light  circuit for the fire engine appliance that has visited Park Road Siding to extinguish the 'Fire in the Industrial bin'.  Again, this might be able to be set to turn the flashing fire engine appliance lights off when the crew has extinguished the ‘fire in the industrial bin’.

The next few items are to illuminate a number of flashing lights on some police cars and ambulances on the layout.  I also have a car with headlights where its headlights are not turning on.  I will get under the layout and check that out tomorrow.  I then need to start on the disco lights for the local community hall.

Also, to placate Marty, today I ran a CAT 5 cable from my router in the house to the shed where I have my wifi extender.  The cable can be unplugged and rolled back up when not in use, or not required.  I tested it all with everything in the house this afternoon.  So tonight I will probably get online and do it from the shed, just to prove to Marty that I can and it works.

Unfortunately I need to go back to work on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment