Sunday, September 5, 2021

The Bad Men made Me Do it!

Well I was a bit naughty during the week.  I decided to purchase a couple of 44 class locos from Auscision Models.  Who could resist?  They were about $375 with sound on their early bird purchase offer.  A few of my mates also have them already locked and loaded so these guys made me do it.  They were inside my head advising, it was a really good price.  I was trying to build up a bit of a nest egg, before I purchased an Ausciaion Models DEB set.  Oh well!  You can’t take the money with you.

I also got my second jab yesterday so now I am fully vaccinated.  I caught the bus into town, walked to the convention centre, got jabbed, caught the bus back home.  All for $1.50 in bus fare.  Not bad.  It did not take long at all.  No effects so far at all.

On the model railroading front this weekend, I had been filling in a few gaps so to speak around the layout with scenery.  I did have quite a few scenes around the layout, but sometimes the locations in between these major features were left undone.  So my plan is to address all these areas of inactivity and complete them.  I did some work behind the Lismore Shell oil siding, and the area near the traffic lights just before Lismore Station.  I also started attaching some chain wire fencing to the fence posts around the oil siding which has sat there for quite some time.  I also got stuck into the area near the Kyogle Dairy (Old Butter Factory) siding.  I also filled in a few locations around there next to the track that had not yet been sceniced.  I also spread ballast in the two sidings around the Butter Factory, and the Veneer Factory Siding which is behind the Butter Factory.

Around Old Cassino, I added some plaster to help create some gentle slopes around some of the roads.  I also added scenery near the road into the back of Old Cassino Station near the Old Cassino Dairy.  I also did some work on the Old Cassino Shell Oil Siding, repairing some fencing there and adding the chain wire.

I also spread some plaster around the roadways near the Murwillumbah Cement Siding, and this might get some more scenery work next weekend.  I also put together a couple of white metal details items during the week.  I gave a 4 wheel covered speeder a coat of paint.  I still need to attach the wheels and then put it into a scene on the layout.  Another fettler's 4 wheel push trolley still has yet to be painted and added to another fettler’s camp on the layout.  That reminds me that I have about 6 or so fettlers trolleys in a kit that I also need to finish assembling, painting and then add them to the layout.  But these are quite fine models and do take quite a few hours each to put together.  Maybe soon!

Next week I plan to complete the adding of chain wire to fences around the Lismore Shell Oil Siding.  That will be followed with more chain wire being added to the Rocla Sleeper Siding.  This location has only had chain wire added to half of its fencing.  Following this I will return to the Kyogle scene where Fawcett’s Creek is, and blend in the scenery at the back of that location.

No comments:

Post a Comment