Sunday, February 4, 2024

Nothing Specific

So it appears that the Australian guys who get the hard copy NMRA magazines were getting their magazines on Friday.  Geoff and PK got theirs and commented about an article (really a BIO) on me in the back.  It was about me getting my MMR and the journey to get there.  On Tuesday night a few of us got together online and had a natter.  On Thursday I was speaking to Tyler in Taswegialand for a while as well.  I also did the same with Tyler on Saturday evening.  Saturday morning I went to Modellers Warehouse and did some transactions over clotheslines.  When I came home, I decided to install my jiffy box for my level crossing flasher.  This box will house my Arduino controller and all the electrical components.  It keeps everything out of the weather.  I gave the crossing flasher another test and it still works.

On Friday I finished reading the latest AMRM and saw the notes about the new Auscision 40 containers.  I am very interested to supplement my existing container collection with some tarped beauties.  My partner in crime, PK, has put his hand up to take the second of the ones I am after.

Today I started to build the frame for my shade awning outside my shed entrance.  I am currently building the two main - front and back beams of the frame box.  I broke a drill bit yesterday so I went to Bunnings and bought a new one today.  I have now built the front and rear beams.  I just need to work out how I join the front and rear beams to the ones running 90 degrees to them front to back.  I also need to determine how far apart I need to space these beams apart – 600mm or 900mm.  More work next week.

I’m also starting to plan how I will come up with the dollar to allow me to attend the Sydney (Rosehill) Exhibition this year and the Armidale convention.  Basically I will need to put $50 away each pay, in order to pay for everything – travel, accommodation, entry, food, etc.  I can’t seem to save for anything at the moment as more stuff keeps popping up that I need to procure.  Like the containers from Auscision.  I also do want a string of QR SX cars in the near future.  That is going to break the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment