Sunday, August 13, 2023

Wagons Completed

Again nothing much has occurred since last weekend, except I had the Tuesday Nighters crew over on Tuesday.  They visited the shed and got to see an XPT running back ways and forwards in Lismore Yard.  We had quite a turn up.  I think it might have been 13 people in attendance.  Then we adjourned to the pergola to sit and talk I produced some copies of the NMRA Convention layout tours assembled into a spreadsheet that I had arranged in a logical order for both Friday and Monday of the convention weekend.  We proceeded to discuss the whys and wherefores, and at the end came up with a consensus that was what we were going to visit. 

On Wednesday both Geoff and myself booked in our car loads at the various layouts.  It looks like we will have another couple of cars travelling with us and a couple of hangers-on on both Friday and Monday.  This is looking like a great weekend.

Yesterday I went to the Club for meeting day.  While at the Club I handed out a few 6” x 6” diorama bases for this year’s December Modelling Competition.  I think that will be November’s Job, as I must submit an entry considering I suggested we go down that line of competition.  Upon heading home, the TV got turned on to watch the Lions and then the Matildas playing at the same time. 

Today I finally got around to completing the last few tasks on my model competition entries for the NMRA convention.  So I added chain, a brake cylinder and few paint touch ups.  I even got around to adding a fine weathering to my scratch built NOCY.  This was followed by a light coating of Dull coat on 4 of the wagons.  Now I need to fill out some entry forms for each of the models.

Next weekend we are visiting Darren’s layout for the NMRA meeting.  I wonder if any Mutton Birds or couplers will make an appearance?

No comments:

Post a Comment