Sunday, December 4, 2022

Careful Planning

On Tuesday 9 of the Tuesday Nighters crew came over.  We start up in the shed, and they grab a yea or coffee and walk around seeing what has changed.  After a while I point out a couple of things that are different.  We then exit the shed and head to the pergola for supper.  It was a good night.

Apart from that, I did not visit the shed until late this arvo, after the cricket finished today.  I spent the weekend, watching the cricket, world cup soccer and V8s.  I ran a few trains, in particular the steel train from Grafton all the way to Acacia Ridge and back again.  I also ran a light engine, a stock train, and a shunt train.  This is just to identify any issues for the upcoming running session in late December.  One wagon has had its bogie adjusted slightly, another loco had its wheels oiled.  I still have about 12 trains to run complete the test run of the timetable.  Hopefully that will be next weekend’s activity. 

I am starting to create a list of tasks to complete before the Operating Session.  So far that consists of only a couple of simple tasks, including clearing the dispatcher’s desk, which doubles as my modelling workbench in the shed.  But it has a whole stack of half completed projects sitting on it.  I also have another list of tasks to complete post the Operating Session.  Some of these will include significant changes to the layout, so I do not want to risk changing something and not having it complete before the Operating Session.  That list includes adding a turntable to Murwillumbah.  But first I will need to fix up the turntable’s motor.  That list also includes some track work at Acacia Ridge Yard.

I will need to change some signs on the various layout fascias before the Operating Session.  I will print these soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment