Sunday, November 6, 2022

Today was Buy and Sell Day

I went to the Club today to try and sell a few items at the Club Buy and Sell.  I also did have a plan to pick up a couple of books from Phil Overton that he had on sale.  I was checking these out a few weeks ago in a local hobby shop and nearly purchased them then.  Well I have now! 

The sellers for the Buy and Sell seemed to be slightly down on usual numbers, maybe 4 or 5 tables I thought.  The people through the front door also seemed to be slightly down.  Some of that could be that the NMRA had a weekend tour down to Warwick with a bit of a wine tasting and train trip organised, so I’m sure some of those guys would have turned up at the Buy and Sell, had the tour not been on.  I had my usual location and was near a few mates, Anatol, Phil and Anthony.  Darren was located inside the shed.  So from my point of view it was a positive experience.  I had a good natter to some of my modelling friends, made some money (well a bit), maybe I acquired a thing or two (shhhh!).  I also sold some more 3D printed items for Greg.  Maybe I have my eye on something a mate was trying to sell today.  That might change hands next time I see him. 

Just looking at the calendar, I have model railway activities planned for the next 3 weekends.  I also have some holidays approaching.  Maybe I can get some motivation back to do a bit more work on the layout.  I have some station buildings to complete and some fencing to install next to the railway line in some areas.  Maybe I also need to plant some more trees and bushes in November and December.  We need to do all we can to guard against climate change, even on the layout.

2 comments: