Sunday, November 14, 2021

Quite a Bit Done - Good Progress -

So on Tuesday this week, there was only 4 or 5 of us online.  A rather small gathering.  On Wednesday there was still only 4 online for our QR night.  Again a small gathering.  I had Friday off and the day started with a haircut, breakfast at a local coffee shop with the boss and daughter, then a doctor’s appointment to tell me cholesterol is all good, and liver function is great.  Lucky I had bacon for breakfast is all I can say.  Hehehehe!  Next stop was a hobby shop to pick up 8 packets of styrene, then home and put that styrene into action.  I made about 18 steel loads for sale.  I still have some actions in my ‘To Do’ list which is create another 10 or so clotheslines and about 50 pallets.  I might leave for a couple of weeks when I'm on holidays.  At least I have cut up the hundreds of 0.030” x 0.040” strip to be used in the spacers in the pallets.

Saturday started with a trip to a local hobby shop and I sold a few items.  Next was a trip over to the over side of the city to the train Club Meeting.  We had a BBQ lunch and a pretty quick meeting.  I came home and then had to take the son to a 6:00pm 7-a-side football game.  They won 6-3, so it was a good night.

So this weekend I started to tick off a few things from my to do list.  I painted up about a dozen model tarpaulines.  I glued some sleepers under the dual gauge point that I will be entering into the NMRA AP program under Model Railway Engineer – CIVIL.  Once that glue was dry I ballasted that dual gauge point and then droppered some glue to secure the ballast down.  I will revisit this next weekend and see if I need to add anymore ballast, and reglue anything.  I tested the point with a few narrow gauge and standard gauge wagons movements through the points after the ballast was added and before it was glued down.  I then spliced a new narrow gauge point into the Acacia Ridge narrow gauge yard and connected up the diverging route and now have another run around in place.  This is located near where I will stage all my narrow gauge locos.  I undercoated some 3D printed land rover models I picked up last weekend.  I also painted up about a dozen steel slab loads.  I also cut up about 10 steel shape loads, ready for painting in the future.  I then cut up about 130 pieces of wire for future steel wire loads.  I then painted the bogies on three QR HWO wagons.  I purchased some white metal bogies from Canetode Flats at the May show this year.  I’m thinking about entering at least one of these wagons into the Club’s December Modelling Comp.  I will try and turn it into a HWOS (steel) wagons.  I will severely weather this wagon with lots of dust and grime and maybe graffiti it as well.  I will then make a steel load to put it in the open wagon.  I am also thinking of taking along the model of my Kyogle Butter Factory as another entry.  I might have to put a couple more signs on this building before I enter it.  Maybe an ‘Office’ sign above the door, and maybe numbers next to the sliding doors into the shed. I might even add a person or two. I may also add some detail items to the goods platforms. 

I may also try and see if I can successfully remove another building from the layout.  This being the station master’s house at Border Loop.  The only down side of taking a model like this to the Modelling Competition, is that I cannot take the fences that surround the house and the trees that have been planted here and all the other detail parts from the scene.  They viewer at the Club only get to see the model not what it looks like sitting in its scene, back on my layout

Now during this last week, we hear that there was an announcement for some new narrow gauge locos being produced by some manufacturers and due in Q3 next year.  This is being produced by SDS model and CGL models.  I’m up for a 1460 class loco and a 1502 class loco.  Most probably with sound.  I’m trying to rouse some interest at the Club and see if we can get a bulk order together.  Currently it looks like PK is showing some interest.  We will see who else caves in.  I was also looking forward to ordering a previously announced loco, the 1620 loco also from SDS Models.  I’m not sure if I can afford all three models.  But I will sure given it a good crack.  I just seem to be digging myself further into the mire with the wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment