With Monday celebrating Liz’s birthday, I had the day off. I went down to the shed and started experimenting with the power source for powering the headlights on a car. I had to have a separate resistor on the source to make it work. I drilled my hole through the baseboard, a hole through the roadway and poked a hole through the 4 inches of foam. I fed the wires from the car through the hole and wired them up. Just like a bought one! I also painted up some white metal fence posts and also a styrene made farm gate that I had sitting around. Once dry these items were installed behind The Risk on a little roadway that runs beside the railway line. The styrene gates was glued to the fence post and now can swing in styrene hinges and can be opened or closed.
I started planning for the next house north along Cassino platform side. So I need to build two structure and a 10’ x 8’ corrugated iron back yard tool shed.
I also decided to try my hand at some backdrop painting – so to speak. In a couple of locations I have some 1200mm long backdrops, but they sit just proud above of the baseboard. Thus there is a bit of backboard visible under near the backdrops. So I thought I would mix and match some paint and add it to the bottom of the backdrops. Well I’ll be…..! I did just that and it sort of works quite well. It looks quite good. I also used the same technique to apply some paint to the bottom the of the printed backdrop that I took (and PK stitched together) at Glenapp Loop. It looks even better.
I was pottering around at my work bench and got out some old kits for semi-trailers. I assembled one set of wheels in a plastic kit for a semi-trailer and then assembled a Herpa kit of 8 pairs of truck wheels. I might have to scratch build a couple of trailers with these items.
I added some more plant material around the backyards of the houses I am currently working on. I also added some more plant material around the backdrops I have just installed.
Last night I set about building a Walther’s kit. More info on that as it comes together along with a number of scratch built items to compliment and/or supplement the kit. I will do some more kit building tonight while the cricket is on TV.
Today I spent about 90 minutes watching an Ops Session on Dave Abeles’ Onondga Cutoff. Darren and myself sat in a whereby room having a chat, while watching the live stream, before we were joined by Jordan and Andy for the second half of the session. A great way to spend a Sunday morning.