Sunday, September 27, 2020

I Never Really Got Started This Weekend

This week was a relatively quiet one.  Nothing significant occurred and no major modelling tasks were undertaken.  On Tuesday during the day while working from home, I had a visit from PK, Bus Driver and B2 - three train club mates.  So I took an early lunch and had a chat.  Apparently the three amigos went for run over to George’s shop and then travelled on to my place.  PK had some deliveries for me.  Apparently it was like a mixture of keystone cops and Benny Hill in the car on the way over.  Anyway I think it was the first time B2 and Bus Driver had visited my place to see my layout.  I gave them a quick tour of the layout and they hit the road back to the other side of the planet (I mean city).  That night I put some of the styrene obtained from PK to good use and completed assembly of 52 pallets in two strips of 26.  I was waiting on some styrene for the small boards.  

On Friday afternoon after finished work early I went to visit Lefty and Son to repay them for some borrowed styrene from a few weeks earlier.  We had a bit of a natter for a while before I returned home and never got motivated to do any modelling.

On Saturday I made my way over to the newest (relocated) shop on the southside – Modeller’s Warehouse.  I purchased a few things and I will be back there when he schedules his re-opening sale.  I ran into another Club member at the shop.  Anyway one of the things I picked up was some cement containers from Wuiske Models.  When I got home I assembled these kits.  They went together so easily.  I had planned on painting them up today, but ended up watching the cricket on TV.  So a job for next weekend.

So some other modelling activities that I got up to on the weekend, included cutting up the 52 pallets that I completed on Tuesday night, into individual pallets, but I never got around to painting them today.  Maybe next weekend.  I assembled 48 (half) of the packet of 44 gallon drums that PK delivered on Tuesday.  These were then painted in various colours and cut up and stored in my 44 gallon drum storage container.  I must have between 150 and 200 in there now for placement around the layout and for selling at various Buy and Sell's whenever they restart.  I just realised that I probably need a few more 44 gallon drums myself for the oil case building in the Shell Oil Siding at Old Cassino.  I also got around to adding some very fine wire to one of my clotheslines from the layout.  This wire is to represent the wire lines on the clothesline.  Next job will be to cut out some clothes and attach them to the clothes line.  I must do some rather risque clothing and see if anyone notices when they come to visit.  Another task I did was to cut out and clean up the components from a 3D print that my mate Greg did for me.  The print is for a cement mixer.  The components will be further tidied up this week and it hopefully will be assembled next weekend, and then it will have to be painted.

I had planned on adding some road makings in two locations around the layout, but never got to it.  I make my road makings, like centre lines and road edge lines from 0.010" x 0.040" and 0.010" x 0.030" styrene respectively.  But I think I need some more styrene before I can complete that task in those two locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment