Sunday, December 26, 2021

Bring It On!

So a Christmas update.  I hope everyone had a fabulously merry Christmas with their families.  Let’s hope that the big fella in red has dropped some model train related items under your Christmas trees.  I received my usual items:- Dilbert Calendar, Sudoku book, chocolate coated almonds and a few other items. 

On Friday afternoon, I tested another 5 locos.  I also electronically submitted my two NMRA APs for CIVIL and Electrical.  I have two hard copy bundles of paper to give to the local guru to check them out when he comes round some time next year.  I have also started reading through the paperwork for NMRA AP for Dispatcher.  I hope to have all of that complete by the end of the holiday period.  I realised that I need two NMRA mates to sign off the hours undertaken operating on their layouts.  So I just need to arrange a meet to get that elusive signature. 

On Friday evening I went to the shed and sceniced a small area about 2’ x 1’.  On Christmas Morning I went back down to the shed, after the normal family activities and did another small area of scenicing around the same size.  However, the main task for that day was to check out my headphone system.  I know that I have an issue with one set of headset plug in point.  So that was quite easily remedied, by soldering the wires back on.  However, upon testing the system, with no DCC power applied to the track, it appears that there is a rather large squeal through the headsets.  I always thought that it was related to the DCC signal in the track running parallel to the headset system, causing some inductance.  However, it appears not related to this.  So my next task was to unscrew all 24 headset plug in points and inspect everyone separately to see if I can see any issues before Monday’s Operations Session.  I could not find any incidents of wires touching, or wires off any of the pushbuttons, or plug in points.  Oh well, we will have to live with it until I can come up with a better solution.

The last task yesterday was to stock the fridge, and then clear the dispatcher’s desk at North Coast Control.  The table and chairs in the pergola were washed down.  The Boss got some snags today and a carton of milk for the shed, but who bothers to check the gas level in the BBQ.  I like to live on the edge!  Tomorrow morning the tea and coffee, sugar and coffee cups come out in the shed.   Marty is bringing his camera along tomorrow and will be following some drivers along with their trains.  So if it is to go wrong, it will tomorrow as Marty will capture it and the whole world will see it.

A late update from two attendees, is that they are late withdrawals.  Someone is awaiting a covid test result and the other has had a change of plans thrust upon them.

Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment