Sunday, March 21, 2021

Big Plans ...

I had big plans this weekend.  Firstly I was to complete a few more random steel loads.  I did that on Saturday.  In order to complete these loads, I needed to cut up and paint a few more lengths of 4” x 4” wood for my steel loads to sit on.  That is an easy job and to do the cutting and then the painting.  I paint my dunnage two different colours, a light brown and a dark brown.  I did the painting in between showers on Saturday afternoon.  I also had to paint up some steel rod loads.  The resulting about 8 sets of loads are more than suitable.

I was also planning to do some more work on my Kyogle Station building.  As at late Sunday afternoon, I’ve done nothing.  I was also planning to do some more work on a Powerpoint presentation for an upcoming NMRA-X.  Again I did nothing.  The rain we had this weekend was miserable and stopped me getting motivated to do any work.  I hope the guys up in Bundy had a good weekend running trains at the first model railway exhibition on the calendar for the first time in quite a while.

Late on Sunday a mate wanted some assistance with some police car flashing lights.  That sent me down a rabbit hole for an Arduino implementation of flashing red and blue lights.  I had dabbled in that area previously, but it was so long ago, I could not remember what version of the code was the best one I produced.  So off down that rabbit hole and I will have to spend some more time there.  I will probably connect up an Arduino to one of my police cars and have it flashing its red and blue lights on the layout.  That same Arduino will control a raging community hall with a full on disco party going on inside, with lots of flashing lights and also music blaring out of the hall.  However, upon further clarification my barnacley mate only has a blue light on his police car, as he is modelling time back when Moses was just dabbling with streams and had not yet graduated to seas.

However, since just before dinner and post dinner I have almost assembled the Kyogle station building.  I think I've give myself an early mark tonight and just watch the idiot box.

No comments:

Post a Comment